Why hello there!
I was contacted by Invaluable, a site that auctions rare books to readers and collectors around the world. They asked if I would be interested in doing a post that would reflect my ideal shelf of books. I jumped at the opportunity and after months of being busy, finally got to write this post.
Here are the books I would sell my soul to have on my shelf!
- Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit Hardback Editions Box Set– I’ve seen these beauties in a book store and they are absolutely gorgeous! I would create a shrine in their honor if I had them but each individual copy is mindbogglingly expensive making them out of my reach for the time being. But I will have them once I start making my own dough!
2. Grimm’s Fairy Tales Hardback– I like the Grimm’s Fairy Tales and this edition is absolutely gorgeous. I have one of the earlier versions which is in a state that is heartbreaking and this one is absolutely beautiful. And it’s edges are inked blue!!! I have a special place in my heart for books with inked edges.
3. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier– My sister has raved about Rebecca ever since she read it but I haven’t read it so far. I have a copy at home that’s practically falling apart but until this cover came by me, I haven’t really wanted to read it. This cover is absolutely stunning and I would absolutely love to add it to my shelf.
4. Jane Austen Collection– This absolutely stunning collection from Penguin has made me want to read Jane Austen. I’ve tried in the past, but I definitely would with these covers. They’re so minimalist and vinatge-y and it would be amazing to have them on my shelf, looking their beautiful selves.
5. 101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith– This book was my absolute favorite while I was growing up and I don’t know where my copy is gone. I would love to get this back on my shelf for posterity’s sake. I learnt to read because of this book and it’s really close to my heart.
5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone Hardcover Box Set by Laini Taylor– This entire collection of hardbacks, oh my God. I have the paperbacks but I would kill to get this box set! The only thing that’s stopping me is the price but I’ve seen them and they’re so gorgeous I would sell my soul for this set.
6. Harry Potter Series Box Set by J.K. Rowling– Need I say anything? Any and all of these will do because just look at them- they’re gorgeous. I have all the original Bloomsbury covers but to have these, my they’re beautiful. Also, they deserve a shrine. And a whole lot more. Yeah, you know what my religion is now- it’s Fantasy.
Alrighty, those are the books I would give anything to have to create my Kingdom of Magic Books. Thank you so much Invaluable for contacting me for this project, it’s been amazing and I would love to do other posts in the future.