How Does It Work
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award with less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know they’re nominated.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions & Answers
Here are BeingABookNerd‘s questions and my answers.
Q1. What made you start blogging?
In the fall of 2014, I was pretty excited about reviewing a little show called Supernatural after having binge-watched 9 seasons of the show. I thought that reviewing the episodes of the historic 10th season would be a great place to start but I failed after reviewing the first 4 episodes due to college commitments and writing commitments. I was hooked to BookTube at the time and decided to start my own YouTube channel but that failed as well. After I read A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab in the spring of 2015, I decided to blog about it on tumblr. When that didn’t work, I posted here, on WordPress where I’d started with Supernatural and the rest is history.
Q2. Which is your all time favorite book?
Yikes! That’s like asking which limb your prefer. I have so many and it’s impossible to pick one or seven or ten.
Q3. Which book did you have high hopes for but disappointed you?
There were two. One was the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare. No offense to her or her writing but the last three books felt completely unnecessary. I still haven’t read the last two books and I doubt I’m going to. The other book is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, I didn’t get the humor or the reason why there was so much hype about it but it was physical torture to get through it.
Q4. Which is your favorite genre of books?
Fantasy is my all time favorite. YA, NA, Epic, whatever it is as long as it’s Fantasy and I’m home.
Q5. What are your favorite songs?
I can’t take favorites because my tastes and moods for the moment decide what’s my favorite song to listen to. These days it’s the Sons of Anarchy soundtrack.
Q6. A wish you want desperately to come true.
I really want to get into a good school for my Masters in America. All my family is there and I really just want to go back to school for a while before I adult.
Q7. If given the chance, choose one author you would like to meet and interact with.
Susan Dennard coz she’s really cool and adorable and the only reason I haven’t finished her Something Strange and Deadly series is because I don’t know what I would do if I had no more books to read that were written by her. And she does taekwondo and is a huge Zelda fan and is a gamer- I want to be best friends with her.
Q8. What else do you do in your free time? Sing? Dance? Draw? Sword fight? 😀
Well, I do write and I have one manuscript that’s almost complete and the second is maybe halfway done. I also sing when I fancy it and really like playing badminton. And I watch
Q9. Which is your favorite season? Why?
Fall is my favorite. The leaves are falling, it’s just the right kind of windy, the leaves are all changing color, not that cold and it’s Halloween season. I live for Halloween.
Q10. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Either teleportation or flying. A girl needs to be places sometimes.
Q11. Top 5 books you want to read in 2016.
My list is way more than 5 I can assure you. This year is crazy for books.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab
- Rebel Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- A Court of Mist and Fury by S.J. Maas
- Throne of Glass 5 by S.J. Maas
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Crush by Eve Ainsworth
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
11 Random Facts About Me!
Here are some random things about me I hope wont scare you off.
- I’m Pansexual.
- I write Destiel fanfiction.
- I love eating breakfast for dinner.
- I watch Lord of the Rings more than Harry Potter. For me watching LotR has to happen at least 4 times a year. I haven’t watched Harry Potter to completion in a long time.
- I prefer wearing men’s clothing.
- Neil Gaiman and V.E. Schwab are my literary idols. To write like they do would be a gift.
- I’m a practicing Buddhist.
- I’m a computer engineer.
- I have never been hungover after a night of drinking in my life.
- I love soft and fuzzy blankets.
- I can speak in different accents.
Now for the nominees! I nominate these amazing bloggers-
My questions for you are-
Q1. What would you say are your ideal reading conditions?
Q2. What’s your preferred reading platform- hardcover, paperback, or ebook?
Q3. If you could rewrite one plot aspect of any book you’ve read which would it be?
Q4. What book series are you most excited to pick up in 2016?
Q5. In all of the books you read in 2015, which character played the perfect villain?
Q6. Which books would you say are a part of your heart or had the most impact on you leaving an imprint on your soul?
Q7. Do books make you cry? Which one gave you the most bookish feels?
Q8. Name one book of each- contemporary, fantasy, and sci-fi, that you were unable to read but wanted to from 2015.
Q9. Do you have a character you relate to most? Which one?
Q10. What book to movie/ TV adaptation are you most looking forward to this year?
Q11. When you’re upset which book would you say brightens your day?
Congratulations you guys!!!